Our Social Media Guidelines
We have a robust online interaction and social media presence and in order to ensure these pages remain valuable and interesting as well as interactive to everyone, here are some guidelines to help participation;
Participants should not evaluate, endorse or recommend any particular healthcare provider, medication or treatment in the course of discussion.
Participants should respectfully interact with each other. DMC reserves the right to edit and/or remove any endorsements, comments or content it deems as inappropriate. Comments that may be edited or removed include but not limited to are:
- Abusive or hurtful comments
- Off-topic and redundant comments (this includes promotion of events, groups, pages, websites, organisations and programs not related to or affiliated with DMC)
- Comments that use foul language or “hate speech” (racial, ethnic, religious or gender-bashing language)
- Personal attacks or defamatory comments (i.e., making negative personal comments about a fellow commenter)
- Comments that violate the privacy of our patients, families or of our employees
- Content that infringes another person’s right or that may be confidential
- Unverified or fake news
We do try to reply promptly to online requests for information, but we cannot always assure a timely response.
Any information posted by administrators, participants or any third party (e.g., commenter) should not be considered as medical advice except it is explicitly stated in the conversation. Medical treatment has to be individualised and can only be rendered after adequate assessment of your condition through clinical examination. Any information posted on our social media pages is not intended to replace consultation with qualified physicians or other qualified healthcare professionals.
All links from and to other websites that are linked to our social media sites or other pages and groups are provided as a service to users, but such linking does not constitute endorsement from DMC. As such, DMC is not responsible for the content of external websites, pages and groups. By submitting content to DMC’s social media pages in the form of wall posts, photos, comments, etc, you understand that this information is publicly available, and that DMC may use this information in staff and external publications and other communications. Please note that other participants may use any information / comment that you post and this is beyond DMC’s control. If you do not wish to have your information published or used by another party, please do not post it.